Saturday, January 5, 2013

Incredible Gratitude

Before winter break, Twitter exploded with the news that Donors Choose had lined up one of their sellers that was going to sell Chromebooks to teachers for $99. Clearly, I was interested. When I heard that you could have your donation matched by the Donors Choose board of directors with a match code (INSPIRE), these already super-affordable Chromebooks became even more affordable. However, finals happened, then winter break happened. And I still hadn’t put together my Donors Choose project.

Well, finally it happened and I put my project together. The project was reviewed and went public on January 2. I was hopeful to have a decent chunk of the money donated by January 9th, when the match code deal ended. Needless to say, I was blown away when I learned that my project - about $1000 - WAS FULLY FUNDED IN TWO DAYS!!!

I am so incredibly blessed to have such a supportive family and set of friends. I was hopeful my project would end up being supported, but I was absolutely blown away by the generosity of my people! My students will have an opportunity to do some amazing work in the classroom thanks to these 8 Chromebooks - yes, stories of it will get shared here. Here’s a hint of what part of their use will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment